Purchase Agreement/Health Guarantee
Thank you for deciding to purchase one of our puppies. We want to make this a stress free and enjoyable experience for you. Please feel free to email or call me with any questions or concerns that you might have along the way. We will keep you up to date with information about your puppy as it grows until it is time for your puppy to go to its new home.
This contract is written for the protection of both the breeder and the buyer – However, it is primarily written to protect the health and general well being of the puppy.
How will our puppy come home if we can’t drive to you?
Of course it’s alway nice when our puppy families can pick their puppies up in person, but we understand if you can not. Therefore we have a few options available.
~ For our families who live in Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Jersey, NYC, Long Island & the Pennsylvania areas, we usually plan one day when we’re able to drive, and meet you in Syracuse, NY , Corning, NY, or Erie, PA. Typically this trip is on the Friday, Saturday, or Sunday following the puppies turning 8 weeks old. The fee for this is $350.
~Flights depending on time of year, weather conditions, and location normally cost $550-$650.
~We can meet you at the Rochester or Buffalo airport for a fee of $150.
~Make ground transportation plans with Nick, The Doggy Oober.
1. Please read the health guarantee completely before putting a deposit on a puppy. By putting a deposit on a puppy, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions within this contract.
2. We require a $250 dollar deposit in order to hold the puppy of your choice. The deposit can be in the form of cash, check, or Stripe.
3. This deposit is non-refundable, unless there is a problem with the health of your puppy. In that case, the buyer will have their choice of a full refund or of transferring that deposit toward another puppy.
4. Final Payment is cash or card only. There is a 3.5% fee added to the final payment if you decide to use a card. We will not accept personal checks for final payment.
**Please be certain that you are ready for the time commitment and financial responsibility of a puppy prior to putting a deposit on one.**
5. Puppies may be microchipped for an additional fee of $50.
1. It will be up to us, the breeders, to decide when the puppy will be ready to go to its new home. At the minimum age of 8 weeks, depending on the breed, weight of the puppy and how easily it is weaned from the mother. We will not, under any circumstances, let the puppy leave before it is ready. There is an additional $10 a day charge for puppies kept longer than 8 weeks of age, unless otherwise specified by the breeder.
2. The puppy is guaranteed to be in good health at the time of sale.
3. The puppy will be up to date on shots and worming at the time of pick up of the puppy. It is very important that you continue the vaccinations and dewormings as specified by your vet. Please do not expose your puppy to other dogs that are not vaccinated until he/she has completed the entire vaccination schedule – around 16-20 weeks old.
4. The puppy will have been vet checked and deemed in good health at the time of sale. A health certificate from our vet will be provided.
5. The buyer, at their own expense, should have the puppy examined by a Licensed Vet within 72 hrs. of receiving the puppy.
6. Documentation must be sent to the breeder within ten days in order for the Health Guarantee to be honored.
7. If within 72 hrs., a Licensed Vet finds the puppy to be unhealthy or unfit for sale, the puppy may be returned for a full refund – provided the puppy has not been injured or neglected. The veterinarian must provide a written statement deeming the puppy “unhealthy for purchase”.
8. This guarantee does not cover any health issues caused by neglect or injury from the buyer.
9. This guarantee does not include minor illnesses and health issues such as colds, allergies, internal or external parasites, including Coccidia and/or Giardia both of which are extremely common and treatable, or umbilical/inguinial hernias. However, the breeder will disclose any known illnesses or health issues prior to the sale. The puppies are treated for Coccidia and Giardia as a precaution before they go home and we do test them before they go. However, the parasite may lay dormant in the system and can be reawaken under stressful situations (i.e. going to a new home, etc…)or if there is a drop in the puppies immune system.
10. The breeder can not assume responsibility for this puppy after puppy is sold. It is the responsibility of the buyer to care for the puppy properly and keep it free from harm. Please remember that your puppy must be treated with great care and protected from danger.
11. The breeder assumes no responsibility for any medical expenses incurred after the sale.
If you are experiencing a medical emergency with your puppy, please call us as soon as possible. Please note that Emergency Veterinarians are extremely expensive and should only be used if your vet is not able to attend your puppy right away. In the extreme event that the puppies dies, a Necropsy must be done to determine cause of death. Buyer is responsible for all fees incurred and for ordering the necropsy. No monies shall be returned if cause of death was deemed genetic by a licensed veterinary professional. All paperwork must be sent to us and we will replace the puppy with a similar puppy of your choosing when one becomes available.
12. The breeder assumes no responsibility for training difficulties or behavior problems. This includes but is not limited to, Barking, Whining, House Breaking Difficulties, Crate Training, Puppy is more work than what you expected, You did not discuss getting a puppy with family before you brought the puppy home, and Normal Puppy Behavior (i.e. Chewing shoes, shredding paper, etc.) Puppies require constant care and attention. We are always available to help you along the way and offer training tips and helpful hints, but we cannot take a puppy back based solely on any of the above mentioned puppy behaviors. You are responsible for puppy proofing your home.
13. The breeder does not guarantee size. We will give the buyer the weight of the puppy’s parents and the weight of other puppies out of that mating. We can give the buyer an educated guess as to full grown weight, but there are too many variables besides genetics.
14. The breeder does not guarantee fertility or ability to place in shows. The puppy is strictly sold as a TOP QUALITY PET.
15. The breeder gives a one year guarantee against any congenital defects of the puppy. If this should occur then the puppy will be returned to the breeder, and the buyer will receive another puppy of the same breed when there is one available. Only if proof of congenital defects is provided by your veterinarian. Buyer will be responsible for all testing required to prove congenital defects.
16. If for any reason I am unable to keep the puppy, only half of the purchase price will be refunded after the puppy has been placed in his/her new home. The other half will cover the cost of re-advertisement and keeping the puppy current on vaccinations and worming until the puppy is placed in his/her new home. If puppy is returned after the 30 days no money will be refunded.
Total Price:_________________________ Deposit:___________________Total Amount Due:_______________
Breed: ____________________________________ Date of Birth: ________________________ Sex:____________
Breeder’s Signature:________________________________________ Date:________________
Buyer’s Signature:__________________________________________ Date:________________
Paid in Full On:_____________________________________Via: Stripe or Cash (Circle One)